In 2018 TWMC celebrates its 20th anniversary! A good occasion to join
our traditional end-of-year hike to our 'own' Tsukuba-san and the
end-of-year party on Saturday December 8th! Kumiko will send a message
about the party.
*Details of the hike
We will climb the north side of the mountain, starting from
Tsukushiko. Passing by the Yakuo-in temple, we will walk along quiet
paths away from the crowds.
The walk is relatively easy, but more strenuous than the usual routes
from the main shrine.
Walking time will be approximately 4 hours (not including breaks). The
walk probably ends well before 4:00 pm; enough time for hikers to
freshen up and prepare for the party.
On the way down, there are quite a number of steps, so bring walking
sticks if you don’t want to ruin your knees.
*Meeting time and place
- Meeting time: 8:30 am
- Meeting place: car waiting area, Tsukuba bus terminal
*What to bring:
- Boots /good walking shoes
- Warm clothes, it can be chilly at the summit in December
- Rain gear
- Lunch and snacks to share (you can also buy lunch on the summit)
If you would like to join, please send the following information:
- Name and cellphone number
- Can you offer your car? If so, how many passengers can you take with you?
No club fee is being charged for this walk. To help cover expenses of
those with cars used for transporting participants, the club will pay
500 yen for the owner/driver of each car that takes at least three
passengers (besides the driver).